Sunday, October 30, 2011

Premiere Performance

Blush Euphorbia close up
This is the first year I've grown this plant.  It's called Blush Euphorbia.  It's a dainty little plant with all of these delicate blooms all over it.  And it blooms like crazy all summer long.  It has dark green leaves with tones of burgundy and red.  I have found it to be a fantastic "filler" plant for a container.  Unfortunately, it is not perennial in my zone but that's okay, it's going right back on my shopping list for next spring. 


Blush Euphorbia likes full sun, is heat tolerant, and grows to about 12 inches high.  I think it would be a great filler in almost any mixed container planting.  Maybe next year I'll put it with a plant that only produces foliage, like heuchera.  
Blush Euphorbia


 I read that Blush Euphorbia was recognized for Excellent Container Performance in 2010 at the University of Colorado.  I wholeheartedly agree with that honor.



No comments: